Parent to Parent/ Sibshop Job Opportunity
Position Summary: The coordinator of the Arc of Snohomish Parent to Parent/Sibshop program coordinates information, referral, and outreach activities and Helping Parent activities for parents of children with intellectual & developmental disabilities (I/DD) as well as Sibshop activities for the siblings. This position is 20-25 hours per week including some evenings & weekends.
- Assess the unmet needs and gaps in support for families
- Connect and support families based on interests, support needs and geographical location.
- Provide/develop information to assist families in accessing and utilizing community resources.
- Develop networking opportunities/support groups
- Coordinate educational/training opportunities for family members
- Provide direct service to families coping with a new diagnosis or new situation. To provide support around the emotional response, information regarding developmental disabilities and community resources in a culturally appropriate way.
- Inform, connect and support families in connecting to their communities including inclusive resources & activities.
- Recruit, train and supervise a core group of Helping Parent volunteers to provide support and community education.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of services and resources for families of children with I/DD
- Regularly consults, attends and actively engages with local meetings for partnership and to enhance collaborative efforts on behalf of families and their children.
- Support siblings to learn about resources, specific disabilities, share common issues, network and build relationships.
- Establish networks and opportunities for Siblings including hosting Sibshops.
Job Requirements for all Staff:
- Maintain confidentiality of families and other staff members.
- Assure prompt assistance and support to internal and external customers (e.g. families, school personnel, fellow staff, partners, etc.).
- Responsible for program reports and ensures program documentation and records are up-to-date.
- Assist co-workers as needed to meet timelines, goals and achieve outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Life or work experience with developmental disabilities desired. Basic computer skills required.
The Arc of Snohomish County is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with disabilities, family members and people of diverse ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter by Wednesday November 30th explaining:
- What experience, skills, and personal characteristics qualify you for this position.
- Why the mission and work of the Arc of Snohomish County appeals to you, and
- Why this position is the right next step for you in your career.
Email: Shayne Nagel - Executive Director Shayne@arcsno.org
Mission Statement: The Arc fosters respect and access for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families, giving them the power to achieve a full and satisfying life.