The Arc provides assistance and resources to the parents and guardians of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, students, and professionals. We help parents understand special education laws, the Individual Education Program, and 504 plans so they can be more involved. We do this by:
- Bringing in speakers throughout the year on various topics regarding special education.
- Supporting peer parent liaisons in Snohomish county school districts
- Support to new and existing special education parent groups throughout the county
- Phone or in-person assistance on information, education, and special education resources available in the community
- Peer support through connecting with an IEP Parent Partner
For more information contact Erika Larimer Erika@arcsno.org 425-258-2459 x110
IEP Parent Partner Program
What is the IEP Parent Partner Program?
The IEP Parent Partners Program is a program that trains and matches IEP Partners with parents wanting support at their child’s IEP meeting.
Who are IEP Parent Partners?
IEP Partners are parents & others who have gone through an IEP Partner Training Program. IEP Partners are volunteers for the Arc of Snohomish County. They receive a stipend for each IEP meeting they attend on behalf of The Arc.